ITS and Improv Spectacular

ITS and Improv Spectacular

Sangeet Brar, Reporter

What’s the best way to kick off the holiday season? Grandmas, the Grinch and…. Shrek? For ITS and the Improv Team, that’s exactly it! On December 11, ITS and the Presentation improv team Spontaneous Combustion worked together to put on a fantastic Christmas special.

ITS members performed How the Grinch Stole Christmas and sang “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” and “Walking Around the Christmas Tree.” The actresses were great singers and were well-rehearsed. Though there were some small mistakes, the audience was excited about the performance. I was pleasantly surprised with the performers’ comical interpretations of these standard holiday specials.

After the ITS show, the Improv Team made their way to the stage with a funky introduction from the team captains. The red and white teams competed in about seven games and constantly engaged the small audience.

The red team was challenged to the game, Replay, where they had to reenact the same impromptu scene multiple times revolving around the theme of a pimple. They kept me laughing with priceless quotes like: “As a mother I have always told you, ‘Shrek is love, shrek is life.’” The show was short and sweet. Just for $5, I enjoyed a night full of laughs and enjoyable moments. If there was another ITS/Improv show next semester, I would be the first one to buy a ticket.