Dear Nano

Dear+Nano

Alison White, Sports Editor

Alison White

Dear Nano,

Last semester when it was time to sign up for AP tests I totally thought I would be able to prepare for all four tests that I have to take, no problem! Now I majorly regret signing up for all of them since I barely have motivation to do my nightly homework let alone review an entire year of material for them. I don’t want to waste my parents’ money, so I will take all of them, but do you have any advice for how to prepare?

Sincerely, Under-Pressure

Dear Pressure,

AP tests can be stressful for everyone, especially when layered on top of your normal homework and daily activities. If you want to do well on these tests, it is of course important to study, but it also important to keep yourself healthy and prepare your body and your mind to succeed. Get lots of sleep, eat healthy, and stay positive. If you end up only having the night before to study, take some time to briefly review the material, but don’t stay up till all hours trying to cram every last bit of information into your skull. Chances are it will only harm you. And remember, this all information you have learned before. Even if you don’t have all the information memorized, chances are your subconscious can give you some clues to the answer. While taking the test, go with your gut everytime. It’s more reliable than you might think.

Love,

Nano

Dear Nano,

I spent MONTHS looking for the perfect dress for prom and I finally found it. It is the most amazing dress and I am so excited to wear it!  The only problem is last week, while I was innocently scrolling through my Facebook feed, I saw that some junior got the same exact one!!! I’m just so mad! She obviously saw on Facebook that I already got it and she just bought it anyway! How do you suggest I approach her to make her take it back?

Sincerely, Prom-Pissed off

Dear Prom,

You shouldn’t approach her at all. If you and this girl have the same dress, maybe you two should hang out because she obviously has great taste in fashion! Maybe even take some pictures with her, it would be great! The only thing that matters is that you feel amazing about yourself in your dress. This junior probably feels amazing in the dress too and it would be a shame to ruin her night by forcing her to switch to a mediocre dress that she doesn’t like. Don’t let this situation ruin your prom of hers. Check out the editorial in last month’s issue of The Voice titled “Prom Dress Stress” if you still need some additional advice.

Love,

Nano

Dear Nano,

I have finally heard back from all of the colleges I applied to! The problem is, I got into so many amazing schools that I am having trouble deciding which one to go to. I feel like they could all be great fits for me and they all have equally important pros and cons. I don’t even know how to start narrowing down the list! Everytime I think about taking one off, I freak out and worry that it could be the perfect one and I might miss out on an opportunity. Any suggestions on how to decide where I should spend the next four years of my life?

Sincerely, College-Bound

Dear College,

Well, in my day girls weren’t even allowed to go to school, so I really feel for you and your struggle right now… ahem. It is of course better to have too many schools to choose from than not enough. That being said, every year seniors struggle with matching their identity to the school they think they will be happiest at. My main words of advice are for you to close your eyes and just imagine yourself in college, doing fun activities and hanging out around campus. Where were you? Did you imagine yourself at a specific school? Chances are that the school that is best for you is the one that you can see yourself having fun and being happy at. Even if that school doesn’t have a certain program or class that you want, just know that there are tons of unique opportunities at every school for you to take advantage off, most of which you probably don’t even know about yet. And remember, while it is not the ideal situation, you can always transfer if things don’t work out. The decision of which college you go to is not nearly as important as the decision of how you will spend your time when you get there.

Love,

Nano