Concert Review: P!nk

Emily Wallace, Asst. Editor, Opinions

On Thursday September 17, a large and anxious crowd grew outside the HP Pavilion. Every kind of person imaginable, children, teens, young adults, mothers, and grandmothers, pushed their way through the never ending line to enter the P!nk concert. Some people who were die-hard P!nk fans dyed their hair pink, wore pink tutus, or even long pink eyelashes. Outside, hip-hop radio station 94.9 representatives took pictures of fans coming into the pavilion.

Opening for P!nk was the Ting Tings, notorious for their songs “Shut Up and Let Me Go” and “That’s Not My Name.” Though these British rockers put on a good performance, P!nk rightfully stole the show. She descended from mid stage for her grand entrance, singing one of her newest songs. Her tour, named Dollhouse, had an appropriately decked out stage with slides and clown balloons, creating the mood of a dark, scary dollhouse.  All of her backup dancers were dressed as sinister dolls who danced in perfect unison with her.

To keep things interesting, P!nk made eight costume changes, from body suits and band jackets to baggy jeans and lingerie. She was not the only thing changing though, for her stage furniture changed four times to reflect the song she was preparing to sing.

P!nk’s dancers surprised all with some amazing acrobatic tricks like swinging on bars in mid air and twisting through cloth. The tricks kept everyone’s hearts racing and voices screaming as the music penetrated their bodies. The music she sang not only consisted of her own, but also included Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Finally, for her encore, she sang “Get the Party Started,” a classic song from her first CD M!ssundaztood. The concert ended around 10:45 pm, giving fans a generous three-hour show. Most people seemed to have an amazing, unforgettable time that was well worth the late Thursday night. P!nk is now off to her next destination, Texas. Hopefully all other performances will be as appreciated as her San Jose performance was.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Concert Review: P!nk”

1. Rosemary on October 13th, 2009 2:29 pm

I totally went to that concert! Her music was awesome but her dancing was very pervocative.

[Reply]

2. Lovie on July 9th, 2011 5:20 pm

Phenmoneal breakdown of the topic, you should write for me too!

[Reply]

*

• Concert Review: P!nk

Here Comes the Sun

• Concert Review: P!nk

Bonjour e Arrivederci: Pres Summer Trips

• Concert Review: P!nk

Drive on In!

• Concert Review: P!nk

New Pres of Pres

• Concert Review: P!nk

Pres Helps: How to Do Things

• Concert Review: P!nk

Advanced Placement or Added Pressure?

• Concert Review: P!nk

Traveling for Change

• Concert Review: P!nk

Student-Athlete Attendance Anxiety

• Concert Review: P!nk

What Drives Mission Drive?

• Concert Review: P!nk

Boy Scouts Pivot on Transgender Issues

Concert Review: P!nk